here they are:
1. Take a Bath! – I know you come to the gym to sweat. That doesn't mean you need to be stinky when you get here. How am I supposed to work out when your funk is trying to burn my nose off?! I'm lifting weights and I get nauseous every time you walk by. WTHeck, there's this new thing out called deodorant/anti-perspirant you should check it out. I promise all the cool kids are doing it.
2. Put on your clothes – I get tired of walking into the locker room and seeing dudes walking around naked as the day they came out the cooch. #cmonson put on a damn towel. That towel is not gonna weigh you down on the scale. Or worse the dudes just walking around naked and holding long ass conversations with other dudes. I know we're all men but geez nobody wants to have to see your wrinkly ass cheeks when they walk into the gym. I prefer to see Miss Badu's
3. Shut up! – this is not the strong man competition. You aren't getting a prize for having the loudest grunts when you lift weights. The worst people are the ones lifting middle school weights grunting like they're training to be Mr. Olympia. Also the guys who encourage their workout buddy way too audibly. He's a weakling you yelling at him isn't gonna help him lift those 30 pounds.
4. Wear the proper footwear – It's just gross to me to see folks working out in flip flops. Not that a shoe would provide that much more protection against a dropped weight on the toe, but at least i don't have to see your crusty toes. Most gyms require proper footwear to use their weights. For some reason Cornell doesn't do this Also the guys in boat shoes/dress shoes. I understand maybe you left your kicks at the crib but cmon son don't make it a habit.
5. Calm Down! – this isn't life or death. Maybe you wanna look like a character from Dragonball Z. THat's your business. But there's no need to get angry with people over equipment. I was in the gym the other day and this guy was cussing and talking about this other guy for being to slow. The other guy wasn't moving slow. He just wasn't moving fast. He was relatively new weight-lifter so he was just going at an easy pace. If you're so concerned about making sure your rest breaks are exactly 30 seconds you might not wanna come to the gym at times when you know it's gonna be crowded.
6. Keep your eyes to yourself! – this is for the meat peepers out there. While I don't enjoy being meat-peeped, if I were to get meat peeped I'd prefer if it was a female doing it. Dudes when you walk past another man in the locker room your eyes should go up not down. There are also the workout voyeurs the folks doing watching everybody else lift weights probably with the green eye.
Ok that's all for now. That being said I haven't gone to the gym in 2 weeks. I probably need to lay off the hot wings in the meantime.