2010 is upon us. This is the time of year when people start making resolutions they have no intention of trying to keep. But it just sounds good to say you're gonna work out more, watch what you eat, blah blah blah. Truthfully lots of folks forget their resolutions before February arrives. I used to be one of those people, making resolutions just for the helluvit. But as I've grown older I've grown to appreciate the challenges that keeping a resolution presents. I did a pretty good job of keeping my resolutions last year. This year I want to do an even better job. With no further adieu I present my 2010 resolutions
- Get closer to God: This is always the most important resolution for me. I feel like no matter how close I get to God, I still have a long way to go and I can never get too close or too full to thirst for God. To accomplish this I plan to make a more concerted effort to pray everyday. Study my bible everyday/as much as possible, continue to go to bible study, church and fellowship with other believers.
- Cut down on my liquor consumption: At first I was going to say stop drinking. But I know that's an unrealistic goal for me right now. Now if in cutting down my liquor consumption I'm able to forego drinking all together then that'd be great. To accomplish this, I will put a strict drink limit on myself when I go out and keep the home liquor purchases and consumption to a minimum.
- Make better grades: My grades in 2009 were downright awful and unacceptable. I can't get to the dissertation stage if I'm constantly retaking failed classes. I'm not trying to be at Cornell forever! To accomplish this I will seek educational help to hone my study skills, get a learning assessment and address any other learning difficulties that may have gone unnoticed over the years. For the first time in life I'm studying and I just want to make sure my work is paying off and it's reflected in my grades
- Exercise: This is never a hard resolution for me to keep. I don't workout hardcore all the time but I make sure I stay active.
- Work on my relationships: I have a lot of relationships that I'd like to strengthen and others I want to cut loose. I also want to make wise choices and less impulsive choices as it relates to my love life.
- Be a better person: This is a very important resolution for me. I always want to strive to conquer my demons and resolve my emotional issues and more importantly grow. I'm the kinda person that really cares what other people think of me. And I hope and pray that those who've known me over the years can say that I'm changing for the better. I still have a long way to go but that's what life is for.
That's all for now good people. What are some of your resolutions for 2010?